The Story behind Raclette
The notion raclette holds a dual reference: one appertains to the famous Swiss cheese whilst the other one alludes to the dish. The very word „raclette“ originates from the French word racler which means „to scrape“. But what’s the history behind this warm, delicious dish? The thing is, raclette has its roots in Switzerland where farmers and herdmen used to prepare a meal of cheese melted by hearth or campfire, along with pickles and potatoes. There exists a high probability that at some point, cheese was brought too close to the fire which resulted in melted cheese dish. Given that this particular course has continued to evolve rapidly, a great number of edibles are eaten with cheese today, besides the traditional potatoes and pickles. In fact, virtually anything that crosses you mind can be combined with cheese; possibilities are verily endless.
However, rarely any victual could be adequately prepared without a good cooking instrument. In this connection, raclette grills are gaining more and more followers and they have literally positioned themselves in extremely high classes. Let’s detail into their highlights:
Great Addition to Family Get-togethers
The creators of Raclette Grills strongly advocated the famous saying „Sharing is Caring” and thereby produced a means of cooking that would gratify a larger number of people. Raclette meals are meant to be placed in the center of the table where all guests would have a rapid and unrestricted access to food.
Convenience and portability
Since these types of grills are powered by electricity, they can basically be placed anywhere and this automatically entails consistent cooking heat and considerably less smoke. Raclette Grills feature two levels, one at the bottom for melted cheese and the other one on top for meat and other vegetables. Some of them even have an integrated crepe maker like Tristar Raclette Grill with Crepe Maker RA-2995 for instance which additionally increases its value. As far as cleaning is concerned, no troubles will ever ensue which will definitely appeal to party hosts.
Eat Whatever You Like
A wide assortment of vegetables, cheese, fish and meat can be combined and cooked on a grill. In this sense, you are given a maximum freedom to perform various culinary experiments and thereby leave no guest peckish or unattended.
Nutrients and Taste Preserved
The heat generated from the Raclette Grill tends to caramelize food surface giving it an attractive brown color and retaining the juices. Additionally, this manner of cooking demands for none or very little oil as the food items cook in their very own juices which accounts for the retention of all valuable nutrients, proteins and vitamins.
Reduced Cooking Time
Looking for a feasible way to make wonderful-tasting food for 8 to 10 people without spending too much time in the kitchen? The Raclette Grill such as Tristar RA2949 Raclette with Metal and Stone Grill provides even heat distribution which cuts cooking time in half thus leaving more time to interact and socialize without constantly watching over the food.
What to Cook?
Above and beyond the previously mentioned virtues, the chief advantage to owning a raclette grill is definitely the opportunity to reunite with friends and family, share food and memories together and throw the unforgettable parties. With the intentions to organize a sumptuous dinner that would delight your visitors, you might as well use a pretty characteristic Princess Grill Hotplate that, besides decorative purposes, achieves the functional ones too in terms of easy storage, thermostat function, dishwasher cleaning and non stick coating. Speaking of parties and gatherings, here are a few recipe ideas that might easily blossom into memorable social encounters.
Raclette and Vegetables
Combining the main Swiss specialty with nutrient-dense vegetables would be an infallible dinner idea. The crucial step involves chopping the ingredients before the grill is heated.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 200 g raclette, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Optional sides — gherkins, salami, pickled onions
– Preheat the Raclette Grill. Rub the vegetables with oil and season well. Place 2 slices of cheese into each raclette pan.
– Cook the vegetables and grill the cheese so they are ready together. Cook more cheese as needed.
– Serve with sides and crusty bread, and a light white wine.
Simple Raclette Dinner
With this simple recipe, any dinner will be as triumphant as you predict it to be. The mix of vegetables and meats will ensure a lovely time, full bellies and hours of enjoyment.
- 1-2 pounds small potatoes boiled in their jackets and drained
- 1 pound sliced deli ham or smoked cocktail sausages or franks
- 1 cup pepperoni slices
- ½ pound sliced deli salami
- 1 cup each: halved mushrooms sliced onions, black and/or green olives, dill pickles or cornichons, green pepper strips, and peeled garlic cloves
- 1 baguette or other loaf of hearty bread sliced
- 1-2 pounds assorted cheeses
– Preheat the Raclette Grill while laying out the vegetables, meats and bread on platters.
– Slice the cheese, or arrange it on a cutting board with a cheese plane.
– You may allow guests to cook their favorite meats and vegetables on the raclette top while melting cheese in the tray underneath.
– Transfer the hot meats or vegetables to the plates and scrape the melted cheese over them.
– Serve and enjoy!
In case you opt for Raclette Grill with Crepe Maker, then you ought to extend your lavish hospitality and surprise your guests with these savory pancakes.
Ingredients (For 20 crepes)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
– Mix the ingredients together and let them sit for around 40 minutes
– Heat up the smooth griddle plate to medium high
– Pour batter and allow to spread until crepe cavity is filled
– Cook both sides for approximately 30 seconds each until golden brown
– Drizzle every crepe with some cherry brandy and complement with two teaspoons of vanilla ice cream
– Fold over to serve
The crepe side of the raclette grill does not have to be limited to crepe making; you can also cook tacos, omelets or flat bread if you like.
In summary, raclette parties could be major sources of entertainment where people could interact and connect via excellent and diverse food combined in every conceivable way.