People who rouse themselves to passion with cooking and who never cease to amaze with their culinary expertise tend to purchase all kinds of kitchen aids such as diverse grills, skillets, pans, cookers, boilers etc. to take the taste of their food to another level. However, there is one particular appliance that deserves special attention and exceptional praise, and that is a Meat Mincer. The use of meat mincers dates back to the 19th century and its popularity has been increasing since. Today, the way of their usage is highly broadened, their functionality has improved as well as their capacity as they are able to process several pounds of meat evenly and easily.
Why Should I Own One
Whilst the abundance of people aim for cost reduction when searching for certain products, let us inform you that the advantages of a meat grinder extend way beyond financial ones. Considering the Meat Mincer VM-4210, for instance, this appliance can work some serious magic when it comes to grinding meat to minced meat, sausage or kubbe. What’s more, you are the one who chooses your favorite grind level, whether fine, medium or coarse. Besides the above mentioned options, it is not difficult to think of several more benefits of this or some other meat mincer.
Meat Freshness and Taste Retention
Isn’t it great when you know exactly how fresh your meat actually is? Typically, when you visit a butcher’s shop, you get minced meat that has probably been laying around for a while which might pose a terrible health risk. And if that wasn’t enough, the quality of that meat can often be questionable and its flavor potentially diminished. Grinding your own meat at home gives you a full control and liberty as well.
Homemade Sausages and Kubbe
The very first association to the gadget being discussed is the sole ability to grind or mince. But in actuality, meat grinders are so much more than that: plenty of them involve attachment hubs that potentiate some other functionalities such as sausage stuffers and accessories or kubbe attachment. Therefore, the preparation of one of the most favored Middle Eastern dishes or sausages which are always a good idea will become hugely simplified.
Grind Some More!
An ordinary meat grinder might just as well serve as a versatile food processor with an extraordinary ability to grind a great deal of vegetables like potatoes, beets, carrots, and radishes or fruits like apples, pears and many more. Meat grinders professedly open up plenty of opportunities that you may easily steer to your advantage.
You Know Exactly What You’re Grinding
Few people would deny that commercial sellers don’t use those “good” animal parts upon grinding, but by having your very own mincer, you eliminate the fear of being deceived and most importantly, you know precisely what you are putting into the grinder.
What Should You Be Cautious About
- Cleanliness above all! Don’t ever undervalue the importance of immaculately clean hands, work surface, bowl, equipment and meat of course.
- In order to effortlessly cut the meat into cubes, it is of central importance to freeze it for around 15 minutes.
- 3Except for meat freezing process, it is highly recommended that you do the same with your equipment: cold grinding plate and cold attachments enable a noticeably better grind.
- Remember to always grind twice.
- If you have a goal and know what you’re using your meat for, consider seasoning while you grind.
- Since the grinder parts are normally detachable, cleaning is extremely easy, however, you can assuredly make it even easier by utilizing the following method: Before a thorough washing, take a slice of bread to dry the grinder and press out the remaining meat.
Original Meat Grinder Ideas
Creating a desired meat tenderness and texture has never been this attainable. With a proper meat mincer, you are given a chance to fully enjoy every cooking experience, make your meals substantially more nutritious and relish the satisfaction of having a total control of all your cooking procedures. Here are a few interesting recipes that meat mincers can avail you with:
Low Fat Chicken Breast Burger
Chicken breasts contain a high amount of proteins but a low amount of calories and fat especially when ground at home.
- 120-170gr skinless chicken breast
- ½ small white onion
- 1 egg (white only)
- 2 Tbsp. non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Kale
- 1 whole grain mini pita
- 1 slice large tomato
- Olive oil
- Ground cayenne pepper
- Worchester sauce
- Black pepper
- Grind chicken breast in your Meat Mincer
- Place them in a bowl and mix with one egg white, finely diced onions, seasoning, and 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt
- Make meatball-shaped patties and press onto a sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray and press to 1,3 cm thick.
- Grill to ¾ heat setting
- Place patties on the grill while still on the foil for 3-5 minutes until the ingredients bind together, then flip. Remove the foil and grill until visually cooked, then flip one more to sear the side that was on the foil
- Toss kale, a few onion slices, and a dash of olive oil, then add to the grill with the halved mini pita for a toasted finish
- Dress with a thin slice of avocado, a spread of condiment of choice, grilled onion slices and a slice of tomato.
- Enjoy your meal!
Mashed potatoes are always an excellent choice regardless of the occasion. This might sound as a surprise to some, but you can actually make finger-licking vegetable meals by using your Meat Mincer.
- 1 kg of potatoes
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of heavy cream
- 2 stick of unsalted butter already sliced into tablespoon sizes
- black pepper
- Put the potatoes in a big saucepan and cover them with 2-5 cm of water. Add salt and boil at high temperature.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the heat and let the potatoes simmer for 45 minutes until they assume a tender consistency. Drain the contents and peel the potatoes. Make sure you keep half a cup of cooking water.
- Once the potatoes are peeled, cut them into quarters and start putting them into your Meat Grinder with the finer cutting plate attachment in it.
- While grinding, heat your heavy cream on medium until it simmers before setting it aside. As soon as you are finished with grinding, put the ground stuff in the saucepan with the cooking water you previously saved.
- Fold the heavy cream with butter, but be mindful to add one chunk of butter at a time making sure it is fully melted before adding the rest. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
- Eat heartily!