We normally associate grilling with warm summer days, wonderful green scenery, and family gatherings brimming with children’s laughter and moments of maximum enjoyment. Grilling is perhaps one of the major reasons why city dwellers somehow feel envious of those who get to enjoy in their backyards and so they grasp any opportunity they can to come out of their condos and apartments. The good news is that there are alternative modes of grilling that do not necessarily entail outdoor spaces and may be perfectly carried out within the walls of your own home. Indeed, both outdoor and indoor grilling have their own advantages but the latter is nowadays being extensively used in plenty of food outlets, restaurants and households for economic reasons, convenience, health purposes and many aims more.
Why Should I Consider Buying a Contact Grill?
There is a slew of compelling reasons why one should opt for indoor grill. These nifty gadgets are rolled into one and usually fulfill the function of grills, contact grills and griddle so you are free to choose your desired cooking method. Some of the most relevant reasons that cement the reputation of these devices are following:
Fast preparation of food – Traditional barbecues typically demand for charcoal, wood and embers that might even be dangerous for inexperienced persons. Likewise, the preparation time takes quite long and not to mention the interminable clouds of smoke produced. On the contrary, contact grills are able to yield results in next to no time which automatically means considerably less cooking time.
Less mess – Few people would deny that outdoor barbecues are irreplaceable but for those who hate the thought of getting their hands dirty with soot and ash or despise long-lasting clean-ups, contact grills sound like a happy, permanent solution. Importantly, contact grills usually occupy little space and normally involve easy storage system.
Easy heat control – Whereas it is sometimes rather difficult to control the fire of charcoal grill, contact grills employ leading-edge technology that performs the activity of heat regulation with extreme easiness. With the adjustable thermostat and overheat protection, indoor grills promise effortless maneuverability, preferred food crispness and quick grilling time.
Multiple cooking options – Sandwiches of various kinds, different types of meat, fish, diverse vegetables, bread and a myriad of other foods are fit to be prepared on an indoor grill. Therefore, you could easily bring that outdoor food flavor into your home without worrying about weather putting a damper on your plans.
Authentic food taste – Many people would think that grilling in the apartment leads to the consequences of flavor and nutritious value loss but that certainly doesn’t have to be true. Delicious taste as well as proteins and vitamins retention will not be omitted from your food especially since contact grills are pioneers at cooking whatever foodstuff pampers your taste buds.
All Seasons Grill
With an ample number of contact grills easily accessible and highly affordable, everyone has the potential to become a skillful grill master and every caterer has high prospects of expanding his business. These machines feature full-length heating element that enables you to cook consistently and evenly at your desired temperature and one excellent example is Contact Grill GR-2840 that has all the prerequisites for a quick, healthy meal of fish, meat or paninis. A very special upside of grills similar to this one is dual hinged heated element, one on top and the other at the bottom. Cecomix 3022 700W Contact Grill for instance, is equipped with ecological nonstick stone coating and its upper grilling section is in charge of retaining moisture and cooking faster without the need for food flipping. Other indoor grills utilize similar fashion and no wonder they’ve experienced such an explosive growth and increased demand. Having closely familiarized with the major pros of indoor grills, the time has come to see how they really operate through several ridiculously easy recipes.
Marinated Flank Steak
This recipe is ideal for the ones who ardently favor marinating. If you have never had a flank steak before, this could be your chance to give it a whirl. As a final result, you get 4 servings for main course that you and your family will simply delight in.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce or ¼ cup teriyaki marinade
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
0.5 kg flank steak
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag.
- Score the steak by making shallow diagonal cuts across steak.
- Put the steak into the bag with the rest of ingredients and seal it
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours (up to 24 hours).
- When ready, remove the steak from bag and grill it using your Contact Grill
- Grill for 12 to 14 minutes or to desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness).
- If you want to serve the marinade as a sauce, bring it to a boil in a small saucepan and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your meal
Thai Grilled Chicken Thighs
If you still haven’t determined what to cook for dinner, here’s an idea. The wonderful intermixed scent of sauces, meat and spices will suffuse your nostrils and whet your appetite even more.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced chili
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine all the ingredients except chicken in a bowl
- Mix well
- Add chicken and leave to marinate for one hour at least, preferably longer.
- Grill the chicken thighs on your previously heated Contact Grill until they attain an attractive golden brown color.
This recipe will particularly attract the attention of health enthusiasts. Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, fiber, and potassium and plus, it acts as a powerful antioxidant that defends the body from free radicals. When combined with various sauces and spices, this vegetable sort gives out a fresh, bright flavor.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or finely minced garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 to 6 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large mixing bowl and gradually add lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper. Whisk until fully combined
- Add the broccoli to the marinade, tossing with your hands to coat well. Let it stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. Just before cooking, drizzle the fourth tablespoon of olive oil over the broccoli, and toss a few times to coat well
- Preheat your Contact Grill
- Grill the broccoli until tender (around 10 minutes) and check the consistency by piercing with a fork.
- Turn it as it browns so that all of the sides become caramelized. Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with most of the Parmesan cheese, and season with salt to taste. Toss, give another sprinkle of Parmesan on the top, and serve immediately.
The previously elaborated recipes could just as well be adapted to outdoor barbecue grills, hot plates, or some grill pans. You’ll certainly notice a minor difference in taste that most people simply disregard but either way, if you invest your efforts in proper cooking technique, find organic and approved ingredients, you will surely flood your body with exquisite aroma and important nutrients. Contact grills have stoked general interest due to their time and energy saving properties, capacities of making healthy meals without mess and fuss, and most importantly, they provide the opportunity to grill various foodstuff at once with using little or no oil at all. For the aforelisted reasons, it can be inferred for sure that contact grills excel in the field of culinary art.