Few people would deny that the great number of our kitchen tasks would not be so feasible and successful if it wasn’t for the involvement of some piece of technology. Food processor is an imperishable example of how technology has flourished and oiled the wheels for us. As we are well aware of, using a simple knife to chop or cut in order to make a nutritious meal from diverse vegetables and fruits can often be labor intensive and time-consuming, and let’s face it, no one has that much time to spare. However, the chances of making a healthy delicacy within short span of time will increase manifold the second you replace all those knives, manual kitchen utensils and your hands and effort with a gadget commonly called Food Processor.
With the Right Appliance, Nothing is Too Much to Process
The advent of this product has made cooking enjoyable, fast and easy. Being incredibly adept at virtually anything you assign it to, it has been placed among the most versatile and sought after kitchen gadgets that you can ever imagine. Here are only some of the functionalities this machine involves:
- vegetable slicing, shredding, chopping, etc.
- purees: sorbets, spreads, dips, sauces, hummus, etc.
- cheese shredding
- stale bread grinding for breadcrumbs
- dough making
- chopping nuts and making nut butters
- making pesto and other herb purees
- making smoothies, soups, dressings, whipped cream, etc.
Considering these practicalities, there is certainly no doubt that food processors are appliances of unparalleled value. One of their most appreciated benefits is the adjustable speed that gives you the chance to chop, cut and grate both soft and hard vegetables at your desired level. The major representative is the Food Processor MX-4168 that basically encompasses everything you need for a proper preparation of a nourishing meal: 1,2 L volume chopping bowl, 1, 5 L blender jar, duplex stainless steel slicing blade, stainless steel knife, 3 speed settings, pulse switch, blade for grating, slicing and chopping, and food pusher, of course. In case cooking is not up your alley or you simply lack culinary skills, this product will assure perfectly sliced ingredients, equal consistency, vitamins and nutrients retention, easy operation and even easier cleaning.
Food Processing is a Doorway to Health
It is a surprising fact that some of the processors have been developed with more than 30 functions like Bosch MCM3201B MultiTalent3 800 W, for instance, that does the majority of cooking chores for you while you joyfully anticipate the results that always turn out to be impressive. As a matter of fact, these kitchen aids are pioneers in preparing large, filling, and appetizing meals that infuse ample amounts of vitamins, proteins and minerals into your body. Needles to say that blended and processed food is a permanent solution for the nutrition of babies and the elders. Therefore, here are a few recipe suggestions that may potentially serve as daily supplements and absolutely delectable victuals that you and your family will unquestionably get infatuated with.
The great thing about food processors is that they are way more powerful than blenders and are actually very handy at performing laborious kitchen tasks. Within a period of 10 minutes, you’ll be able to enjoy 2 ¾ cups of this mouth-watering Middle Eastern meal.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
- 8 dashes hot sauce
- Turn on the Food Processor and drop the garlic down the feed tube.
- Let it process until it’s well minced.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients to the Food Processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed.
- Taste, season and serve chilled or at room temperature.
How do you like the idea of making your own, homemade mayonnaise? This creamy dressing will be done in 10 minutes and yield about 2 cups.
- 4 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup good olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in the bowl of your Food Processor equipped with the steel blade and process until totally smooth.
- While the processor is running, slowly pour the oils into the bowl through the feed tube and process until emulsified.
- Add the basil and continue processing until finely pureed.
- Store the mayonnaise in the refrigerator.
Did you know that you can make delicious brownies with the help of you Food Processor in only 5 minutes without even baking them? These cakes are beyond healthy, gluten-free, paleo, vegan and made of raw ingredients.
Ingredients for 8 brownies
- 1 1/2 cup dates
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons marine collagen peptides (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- Blend all the ingredients in the Food Processor until the cashews are completely blended and texture gets evenly smooth.
- Press dough into the bottom of a 6″ x 3″ baking pan lined with parchment paper (use a small cake pan, you can also use a bread loaf).
- Then, blend the ingredients for the frosting in your Food Processor and spread on the brownies.
- Store in refrigerator or serve right away if you please.
Finally, we have saved the simplest dessert for last. Peach Frozen Yogurt looks and tastes magnificently and is an ideal refreshment for hot summer days.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 medium, ripe peaches – peeled, sliced, and frozen (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup unsweetened greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Put the frozen peaches, yogurt, and honey in the work bowl of the Food Processor.
- Pulse until the smooth consistency is reached.
- Adjust the amount of honey according to your own taste and preference.
- Serve right away and regale your tastebuds.